Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Meaning Behind Our School Name

       The following is an excerpt from one of my favorite books, The Torch and the Sword by Rick Joyner. After reading it, you will hopefully have an understanding of why we named our homeschool Walk With God Academy!

       Chapter Two: The Messenger (The following is a vision type experience Rick had with the Lord and Enoch.  Rick is narrating.  The parts in italic are the Lord speaking.)
     
      We remained by the burning sea for a long time.  The life, energy, and peace I felt continued to grow.  It was like a rush of joy that did not pass away, but rather increased toward a certain fullness of joy.  I knew there was nothing on earth that could compare to this, yet it seemed vaguely familiar.

      "You are experiencing the joy and strength that man knew before the Fall," the Lord explained.  "You are only beginning to experience what is actually a normal life for man, the way I created him to live."

      As the flames of the sea swept over me gently, I began to recognize the feeling.  It was what I had started to call "the Emmaus Road burning heart."  It is the way our hearts burn when we walk close to the Lord and He personally teaches us.  I began to think of Adam, who had walked with God in the Garden, and Enoch, who had walked with God so closely that he was translated straight into heaven.

      The Lord again answered my thoughts.  "When I walked with Adam, I taught him about the creation and his purpose for cultivating and maintaining it.  I also gave him the freedom to be creative as he cultivated it.  He was created to bear My image.  To bear the image of the Creator, one has to be creative.  In this we had great fellowship.


      True creativity can only be found by those who walk close to Me.  It is a relationship to Me which few have experienced, but that I cherish very much.  Some walk very close to Me, even though they do not know My name.  They do not know that I was made flesh and walked on the earth.  The time has come for all who seek Me and My ways to know My name and to know My ways, which were revealed when I walked the earth.


      When Adam walked with Me, he was in harmony with the creation and felt the energy and strength you now feel.  He was so full of life that he lived almost a thousand years after sin entered him and the discord of sin entered his soul.  There is great  power in life, but all life will lose its power if it does not stay close to Me.


      Enoch yearned for what Adam had lost.  He walked with Me,  and I began to teach him like I did Adam.  He discovered the source of life, walking with Me.  The life became so great in him that he would have still remained on the earth if I had not brought him up to dwell with Me here.  He was too full of life to die, so I had to take him up."
   
      "I am still learning about life," another voice behind me said.

      I turned and there was a man standing far away in a beautiful green meadow.  His voice seemed to be much closer than he actually was.  He began to walk toward us in a way similar to the Lord's walk- resolute, but unhurried.  As he approached I noticed that his face was the same color as the sky, the torch, and the Lord's face.  He also wore a garment similar to the Lord's.  He walked up and took the torch out of my hand.
 
      "I must bless you before you go- I must bless the torchbearers.  The purpose of every movement on the earth is to compel men to do what I did- to walk with God until they are more at home in the heavenly realm than on earth.  Man was created to dwell on the earth with his body while his spirit soars into the heavens."

      "Are you Enoch?" I asked.

      "I am," he said as he reached over and touched my heart.

      "The fire burns, but what you lack is discipline and endurance.  You walk adequately for short periods.  Now you must learn to walk with endurance.  You must resolve to walk each day in the domain over which the Lord has given you to rule.  He has given you authority, but you must walk with Him in your domain.  Only then will you be fruitful and multiply as you are called.  Your domain is your garden.  The path of life always leads to unity and harmony- with God first, and then with all that is His. This takes strength and endurance because the whole creation is now in discord and opposes unity."

      Enoch then took the torch and touched it to my heart.  It caused a great rush of energy and power and then a joy that almost could not be contained.  When he pulled it away, the fire continued to burn inside of me, and the energy continued to surge in waves throughout my body.  I knew I had felt this before.

      "The Lord makes His messengers flames of fire.  You cannot walk with God, or fulfill His purpose for you on the earth, unless you keep this fire burning in your heart.  Lukewarmness is your deadly enemy.  You must not let the fire wane by drifting from His presence.  This fire which now burns in your heart must be given fuel each day.  Its fuel is the atmosphere of heaven, which is the breath of God. What He breathes upon lives, and what He does not breathe upon dies.  Seek this life and pursue it.  If you do, you will leave a trail of life where the River of Life will break out and flow.  If you walk as you are called, you will help restore true life to the earth."

       Enoch then took my face in his hands and just looked into my eyes.  He was the very definition of graciousness.  He seemed to be so saturated with joy and love that I felt he was the most like the Lord of anyone I had ever met.  I felt that anyone who saw him would spend his life trying to be like him.  I then realized the main reason he was looking in to me was so I would look into him.  I did.  Then he released me and walked back in the direction from which he had come.

      "Enoch has a special investment in you," the Lord said, as we both watched him go.  "He prophesied the coming of the mighty ones who are soon to be released on the earth.  From the time he was allowed to see them, he has waited for this time.  You are called to help awaken these mighty ones to their destiny.  When they are awakened, they will have the heart of Enoch.  Their might and strength comes from this torch which Enoch first picked up and other faithful ones have kept alive in the earth.

      From among those coming, there will arise many like Abraham, Moses, Elijah, John the Baptist, Peter, Paul, and John.  There will be as many as a thousand like each of the great messengers in the age that is now ending.


      After each of the torchbearers departed the earth, they left their mantles of authority to be picked up by others.  These have been divided just as Mine were at the cross.  When one has a part of a mantle and comes together with one who has another part, their authority will be magnified.  Many of these mantles were hidden and kept for this time.  These have been reserved for those who will be My messengers in the last days.


      It is true that spiritual authority multiplies with unity.  One can put a thousand to flight but two can chase ten thousand.  The unity that these last-day messengers of power walk in will multiply the authority of the mantles they carry.  The earth has never seen anything like what I am about to release through these messengers.  They will walk in the fire of all who went before them.  So now you must help them find their way and their mantles."

 . . . The chapter continues, but that is the part I wanted to share with you.  If you have not read the Final Quest Trilogy (The Final Quest, The Call, and The Torch and the Sword), READ THEM!  These books are the kind of books I visit regularly because they have impacted my life on SOO many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment