Sunday, May 15, 2011

Daily Picture Journal

     I just have to share this idea from a close friend, Sarah.  I have planned on doing a similar thing with nature journals . . . I don't know why I didn't think BIGGER like my friend . . . but I didn't, lol!  I guess that is one reason we have other mommies . . . to help us see great things when we are blind to them!  So, here is the idea.  Get an unlined notebook, or just white printer paper with a binder and page protectors . . .  Then, at the end of the school day, maybe while you are cooking dinner, have each kid draw a picture and journal one thing they learned that day.  For little ones that can't write yet, you can ask them to dictate to you what the picture is about and write it down for them.  Then, date it, and put it in your binder (if you are going with the binder/page protector set up) . . . and voila.  At the end of the year you have a wonderful portfolio of your school year.  I can't wait to get started!  I personally think I will go with the page protector route . . . bc that is pretty much how I set up everything these days, lol!  I really like the freedom of easily adding in and taking away.  I will post some pics once I get this show on the road :)

No comments:

Post a Comment