Friday, April 15, 2011

Classical Conversations

       I am super interested in this!  I REALLY want to do this with Tig this fall . . . still in the researching stages though!  I would LOVE to know if you have any experience with it!!!  If I get to participate, I will update this post with a review :)

________________________

Update:  Well, as of now I don't think I will be doing CC this fall.  I am looking closely at another co-op that has many things I am looking for as well.  I might still buy the Veritas Press cards...and cds...and teach them to my kids...but I'm not sure.  I think it would be useful...but there are so many great things out there.  I need to be wise with the time we have each day.  If I am going to focus on memorizing stuff...I would like to focus more on scripture memorization.  Maybe someday I will look at CC again.  I know so many people LOVE it!

Some things that I am going to incorporate into our year from CC:
Show and Tell (public speaking)
I also might read some homeschooling books on Classical Education.  It is really interesting to me...and I know that MFW (our main curriculum) has a classical flavor to it.

This thread on the FIAR boards has sparked my interest...I own the Well Trained Mind book (haven't read it yet)...but the Bluedorn's book and the List of 10 things mentioned...REALLY intrigue me!

No comments:

Post a Comment