Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gearing up for the FALL!! How about you?!

     Even though we technically school all year round...we have been on a more relaxed schedule for the summer.  I am getting really excited as I plan for next year!  Have you put together a schedule?  I am working on ours and I will share it with you when I get it all figured out...

     If you go to my post on curriculum you can see what we will be using this year!  I plan to post about our MFW Adventure week and our FIAR stuff...and maybe some on our field trips too.  My plan is to lightly start school August 22...and spend those two weeks perfecting my planning and organizing our school room a bit...During the first two weeks we are going to lightly row My Blue Boat and The Yellow Ball...and we are going to participate in Mission India's Passport to India.  I also want to do a kickoff the school year party on the first day...Then...I plan to start our full out schedule Sept 2nd.  (We are starting on a Friday since we will be losing the Monday to Labor Day...and most of my stuff is set up for 5 days a week...)

     For MFW, like I said above, I am going to be using the Adventures curriculum.  I am so excited for U.S. History and Geography.  Looking through it is making me so excited!
     For FIAR, we are going to be going back and forth between FIAR and Before FIAR since we still have some little guys...Here is the list of books I plan to do this next year:


Fall 2011:
Yellow Ball (BFIAR)
My Blue Boat (BFIAR)
Night of the Moonjellies (FIAR)
Harold and the Purple Crayon (FIAR)
Down Down The Mountain (FIAR)
The Quiet Way Home (BFIAR)
Little Nino's Pizzeria (FIAR)
The Red Carpet (BFIAR)
Angus Lost (BFIAR)
Prayer For A Child (BFIAR)
Very First Last Time (FIAR)
Owl Moon (FIAR)
I Am An Artist (BFIAR)
Wee Gillis (FIAR)
Salamander Room (FIAR)
The Runaway Bunny (BFIAR)
The Little Rabbit (BFIAR) 
Truman's Aunt Farm (FIAR)
Play With Me (BFIAR)

Summer 2012: 
Blueberries For Sal (BFIAR)
Make Way For Ducklings (FIAR)
Jenny's Surprise Summer (BFIAR)
Daniel's Duck (FIAR)
Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? (other Jesse Bear Books) (BFIAR)
We're Going on a Bear Hunt (BFIAR)
ABC Bunny (BFIAR)
Duchess Bakes a Cake (FIAR)
Ask Mr. Bear (BFIAR)
If Jesus Came to My House (BFIAR)


Except for the first two Before books that we are doing this summer to kick off our school year...I plan to take two weeks per title since we only have 3 days a week to work on FIAR in our schedule...that will give us about 6 days per book.  I also plan to re-row as many as we can in a few years...and also do occasional review sessions...or one lesson/one read session of a FIAR book...on a lighter Before FIAR week...if that makes sense!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm co-hosting the MFW Homeschool Highlights with Kathi from a Heart Like Water this year! This is where families doing MFW can link up and share their weekly journey, or however often they like.

    So stop by and check it out! We would love to see what you are up to! I am also using FIAR and BFIAR too!!

    Happy Homeschooling!
    Kattie
    http://2ladybugsandalizard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the Five in a Row blogroll! It sounds like you have a wonderful year planned. We are MFW schoolers, too. We loved our year of Adventures!

    ReplyDelete